Use the form above to search for documents in this web containing specific words or combinations of words. The text search engine will display a weighted list of matching documents, with the better matches shown first. Each list item is a link to a matching document; if the document has a title it will be shown, otherwise only the document's file name is displayed. A brief explanation of the query language follows, along with examples.
This search engine will locate text to the document level only. It will return a list of hyperlinks pointing to documents meeting the search criteria. Use the Edit/Find function of your browser to locate the word or phrase within the document.
The text search engine allows queries to be formed from arbitrary Boolean expressions containing the keywords AND, OR, and NOT, and grouped with parentheses. For example:
- information retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' or 'retrieval'
- information or retrieval
- same as above
- information and retrieval
- finds documents containing both 'information' and 'retrieval'
- information not retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' but not 'retrieval'
- (information not retrieval) and WAIS
- finds documents containing 'WAIS', plus 'information' but not 'retrieval'
- web*finds documents containing words starting with 'web'
This page was last updated on
February 26, 2007 .
Copyright ©1997 - 2007 by James P. Rosenkrans, IV. All rights reserved.